The Backlist Book Club is Taking a Break

In November, I launched The Backlist Book Club, a venture I was really excited about. I looked forward to sharing a backlist pick with you each month and discussing it. Despite the excitement and enthusiasm many of you expressed, the participation has been disappointing.

I'm taking January off to reassess what I want out of this venture. I'll likely still challenge myself to read at least one backlist title a month, but if others aren't participating, I'm hesitant to commit three posts a month to the project. I'm certainly open to suggestions and am considering picking a few titles and asking people to vote. Perhaps doing it monthly is too much. Perhaps different seasonal themes would make it more fun. If you have ideas, I'd love to hear them. If you're intrigued by the concept but haven't had the time to devote to it the past two months, I'd love to hear that too.

Comments

  1. Maybe if you do it like every other month and have people vote? Seasonal themes are a good idea too. I hadn't heard of the authors of either of the last two, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have trouble doing once a month, but could certainly do once every other month, and I love the idea of voting! I don't want you to give it up. I only just found out about it because I have been away!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Happy reading!

Popular posts from this blog

Mini-challenge: Where in the World Have You Read Today?

The Backlist Book Club: The Clan of the Cave Bear discussion

book review: Gilead by Marilynne Robinson