Tuesday Bookday: Before I Fall

Welcome to Tuesday Bookday, a brand new feature here at nomadreader. Every Tuesday, I'll remind you about the day's book releases I've already reviewed and those I'm eager to read. I'll also inform local readers of upcoming literary events in and around Albany, New York.

New Release:
Before I Fall 
Lauren Oliver's debut novel, Before I Fall, is out today. It's a young adult novel about Sam, who is having a Groundhog Day-like experience as she relives the day of her death. It's always February 12 for Sam. My full review is here. You can also follow Lauren on Twitter.

Literary Events:
  • You already know all about the Empire State Book Festival on April 9 & 10.
  • Masha Hamilton, author of 31 Hours, will be in Clifton Park on Friday, March 5 at the Clifton Park/Half Moon library from 10:30 a.m. to noon for an author talk and book signing.
  • On Thursday, March 4, University at Albany's own Lydia Davis will give a seminar at 4:15 p.m. and a reading at 8 p.m. Both events will be in the Assembly Hall in the Campus Center. The event is part of the New York State Writer's Institute's Visiting Writers Series.
Know of other Albany area literary events? Email me or leave a comment of this post. Check back next Tuesday for more new releases and literary events on Tuesday Bookday!

Comments

  1. Masha Hamilton will be my guest on News Talk Online on the Paltalk News Network at 5 PM New York time Tuesday March 9.

    To talk to her then please go to www.joinchatnow.com There is no charge.

    Thanks,

    Gary

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Happy reading!

Popular posts from this blog

Mini-challenge: Where in the World Have You Read Today?

The Backlist Book Club: The Clan of the Cave Bear discussion

book review: Gilead by Marilynne Robinson