children's book review: durinda's dangers

Durinda's Dangers is the second book in the Sisters 8 series. I must confess, it's endearing, but I did not love it as much as the first book.

The story picks up in February, and this round seems more fantastical than the first, which combined reality and fantasy. There is love drama between the talking refrigerator, Carl, and the robot maid, Betty. Durinda discovers her magic gift, which is the awesomely cool ability to freeze people. Even cooler is that her cat can do the same thing to the other cats.

It's a nice continuation of the story, but it felt a little too tied into Valentine's Day. Granted, I read it in May, so I was a little removed the festive occasion. It's still delightful, and I'm still excited for the third book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mini-challenge: Where in the World Have You Read Today?

The Backlist Book Club: The Clan of the Cave Bear discussion

book review: Gilead by Marilynne Robinson