2011 Pulitzer Prize for Fiction

Congratulations, Jennifer Egan!
I have been eagerly awaiting the announcement of the 2011 Pulitzer Prize for Fiction for months (and yes, rooting for Jennifer Egan's fantastic novel, A Visit From the Goon Squad, to win.) I'm thrilled it did! It was the odds on favorite in most circles, as the Pulitzer judges have awarded originality in form frequently over the past few years. In terms of personal satisfaction, it's a fantastic feeling to have read the Pulitzer winner already and named the winner to my Best of 2010 ListPlus, winning the Pulitzer makes up for Egan's omission from the Orange Prize shortlist (you can't win them all).

A Visit from the Goon Squad
Winner: A Visit from the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan (Kindle version)
The Privileges: A Novel (Random House Reader's Circle)The Surrendered
Finalists: 
The Privileges by Jonathan Dee (Kindle version)
The Surrendered by Chang-rae Lee (Kindle version)

I'll be reading the finalists soon. As always, you can track my progress and find links to all of my Pulitzer Prize finalist and winner reviews on my Pulitzer page.


As an affiliate, I receive a very, very small commission when you make a purchase through any of the above links. Thank you for helping to support my book habits that bring more content to this blog!

Comments

  1. I was excited to see her take the prize even though I haven't read the book just yet. Now I'll never be able to download it from the library website--it'll be checked out!!! Looks like I'll need to shell out the $$$ to buy it on my Nook. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to be reading the Goon Squad with my book club in June. Egan can be so experimental. I didn't like Look At Me that much and the way that it veered into camp, so I am a little worried about how I might feel about this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I NEED to read Egan's book! I haven't even heard of the two shortlisted books so I need to go check them out now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just bought this book a few weeks ago after reading such wonderful things about it, and now that it's won the prize, I am even more eager to read it. Congratulations to Eagan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like Nicole, I will be reading Goon Squad in June and am looking forward to it.

    I have heard great things about the Priveleges and Chang Rae Lee is excellent - I have read two of his books and enjoyed them both immensely. Good picks all around!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Happy reading!

Popular posts from this blog

Mini-challenge: Where in the World Have You Read Today?

The Backlist Book Club: The Clan of the Cave Bear discussion

book review: Gilead by Marilynne Robinson