book review: likely to die by linda fairstein (reread)


Likely to Die is the second Alexandra Cooper book. The story picks up six months after the first book, Final Jeopardy. All of the familiar cast of characters return. The main case in this novel is the murder of a prominent neurosurgeon, Gemma Dogen at a major New York City hospital. As always, Alexandra is busy with many cases at the same time; it's the reality of an ADA. It's wonderful and refreshing to see these characters grow across each book. I first read Likely to Die six years ago, and although I remembered some things about this case, I was once again surprised by the mystery. It's turning out to be a blessing I read these novels in a only a few days. Over the years, I forget what happens, and I can relive these adventures over and over again.

As always, I recommend starting with the first book in the series, Final Jeopardy, and reading them in order. I'm still eagerly awaiting Tuesday for the release of Lethal Legacy!

Rating: 3 stars (out of four) - loved it

Challenges: 100+ Reading Challenge, Support Your Local Library

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mini-challenge: Where in the World Have You Read Today?

The Backlist Book Club: The Clan of the Cave Bear discussion

book review: Gilead by Marilynne Robinson